Donnerstag, 3. November 2011

Bloom - Elizabeth Scott

Title: Bloom
Author: Elizabeth Scott
Rating: 4/5

It took me two months to finally read this book. Great decision, yay me!

Lauren has the perfect life. She gets good grades, has a great boyfriend and actually everything seems just perfect. And even though her mom left a long time ago, she should be happy, right? Unfortunately Lauren isn't happy at all. She feels like she is lying to herself by pretending to be the perfect girl. But keeping the Status Qou seems the right thing to do. It's what people expect of her.

But then Lauren sees and old face again - Evan, who is the son of Mary, one of the oh-so-many old girlfriends of her dad. Maybe he can be the one to teach her that sometimes the imperfection make you seem perfect to someone when you least expect it.

It's a shame that I read Bloom now. I should have gotten my hands on it sooner! Strange thing is that this book doesn't include any new, special things and yet it's very good. I loved Evan but Lauren seemed so stubborn sometimes. A little too stubborn maybe. I disliked her father, though he was very gentle in the end. All in all Elizabeth created some very good and different characters here. I would have wished to meet Lauren's mom, but well, can't have it all I guess.

It's the second Elizabeth book that I read. Can't wait to read her other novels. And for all those who can't decide if they should read Bloom - what the hell are you waiting for?! :D

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen