Freitag, 28. Oktober 2011

Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins

Title: Lola and the Boy Next Door
Author Stephanie Perkins
Rating: 4/5

It's official - I am a fan of Stephanie Perkins books. After I read Anna and the French Kiss I wasn't so sure what to think of her books. I mean, I really liked it, but this one was much better I think. I got into the book right from the start and I loved it a lot :)

Lola Nolan is a little rebel. At least that's what her parents (or better said her uncles, since they aren't her biological parents) would say. She dressed nothing like the other girls her age do. Also other girls her age date guys in the same age, but not Lola. She loves her boyfriend Max, who is five whole years older than her. Not that this tiny fact matters to her. She's happy with him and everything seems just great. She should have known better: One day the Bell family moves back to San Francisco. Even worse - back into their old house which is right next door to the Nolan's home. And along with the old neighbours, her old crush on their son Cricket starts to flicker inside Lola's heart again. But what if the love for him was never really gone?

Way too many great aspects in this book. Stephanie makes sure you smile and find yourself near to tears in this book. Super lover of Anna and the French Kiss will be happy to read about Anna and St. Clair aswell. I absolutely loved Cricket! He is so damn cute. And also there are some parts where I couldn't help it but I felt a little bad for Max. The main character, Lola, is just crazy! In a good way of course. She has visions of the perfect costume and if this was a movie, I bet the dress would be amazing! Really liked her character.

People who love young adult stories, happy endings and funny reads HAVE to buy Lola and the Boy Next Door! I'd recommend it anytime 'cause it's an awesome books that needs a place in everybody's bookshelf.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen