Montag, 24. Oktober 2011

The Espressologist - Kristina Springer

Title: The Espressologist
Author: Kristina Springer
Rating: 3/5

Jane's job also at the same time her talent - coffee. Not coffee itself, but Jane's special talent is to know more about a costumer, than the costumer him or herself knows. The drink you order tells your story and makes people judge you, at least that what Jane truly believes in. What proves it more to her is that the matches she makes, so the couples she sets together like her best friend Em and another great friend Cam, are based on that take-your-order-and-I-tell-you-what-you-are-thing. When her boss discovers her secret talent, he orders her to make it his gain. Soon she also matches regular costumers as a Holiday promotion. The only thing that's now bothering Jane is that though she matches people, where is that special someone that may belongs to her?

I don't know why this is compared to Emma by Jane Austen. Honestly, I never read any books by Jane Austen, so I can't add anything to that.

I really liked The Espressologist and I also like that word a lot :D The book idea was very good and I also believe that somehow you can guess what a person is like by what he or she orders. But being matched with someone that way might take things a little too far for good. I'm glad it worked for the couples in the book at least. Not sure how that'd be in real life. Test needed here, oh yes!

So, I can't say a lot about the characters. I liked Jane, I liked Cam, but Em annoyed me a little. Even though I don't think there is anything she has to forgive Jane for, first she never wants to see her again and then in the next second she acts like her best friend again. That's what I disliked a bit. Derek is probably what a real boss would be like too. Strange and yet sometimes you want to hug him. (Mainly because it wouldn't be that strange if he's not that much older than yourself, but be careful, never hug your boss :P)

I liked the cover, I liked the book and the idea, the characters, but something was missing. That's why only three stars. The spark just didn't have it on me, but it's a very cute book and I'm glad I picked it up. No regrets there. If you can't decide what to read up next, then this is a good chill read to get your head off of thoughts. So sit back, imagine sitting with your favourite kind of coffee or Frap or whatever in a comfortable chair (or even in the coffeehouse where Jane works at) and read The Espressologist.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen