Samstag, 12. November 2011

Fall For Anything - Courtney Summers

Title: Fall For Anything
Author: Courtney Summers
Rating: 4/5

This book is different from what I expected it to be. In a good way, of course.

Eddie Reeves' father, a famous photographer, is dead. He commited suicide. No one had a clue and no one knew his plans. Now all there's left is Eddie questioning herself Why? No father would leave his daughter behind, right? While she tries to find out anything she meets Culler Evans, the only student her father has ever taught. Along with him and Milo, her best friend who found her next to her dad the night he commited suicide, Eddie's on a search for answers. But can her questions be answered if she finds herself more attrachted to Culler than she'd like to admit? What if you sometimes just better leave things as they are?

I'm a little depressed since I wrote a very long review and my internet just deleted like everything of it. Whatever. This was my second Courtney Summers book I read (my first was Some Girls Are) and even though I gave both four stars, I think I liked Fall For Anything better. It takes you on a journey and is mysterious in some kind of way. I love that. You sink into it and don't want to put the book down. Maybe that explains why I read it all at once.

The characters. Eddie - I disliked her in the beginning, but then I grew warm with her. Sometimes I was a little annoyed that she seemed to get used to her father's death, and in the next moment she freaked out completely. But perhaps that made her seem more real even.

Milo - The perfect best friend, I think. Everybody wants a friend like Milo. Yet I think he was a little too cute. Yes, you can be too cute, it's possible. He was too soft. Since I don't know any guy like that, he was more like a fantasy character to me.

Culler - Oh, my favorite! I was disappointed by him in the end, but I loved him during the story. I don't know why, but there was something about him. What I disliked about him was how he talked too much about Eddie's father being his big idol. But he was his idol, so that's just how it goes.

All in all I liked the book a lot! I'm happy I finally got to it. The story was brilliant, though I'll never be all too happy with the end. Hope Courtney won't take that too harsh - I'm never quite happy with endings or couples. Something is always wrong for me.

I can't say I'd recommend this book to fans of blah and blah. I'd recommend it to everyone, who I know have a fabulous taste in books! Four stars!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen