Montag, 7. November 2011

Book of Shadows (Wicca / Sweep #01) - Cate Tiernan

Title: Book of Shadows (Wicca / Sweep #01)
Author: Cate Tiernan
Rating: 3/5

I don't know why I'm giving this only three stars. Maybe because I'm a little annoyed by Morgan's parents and her "best friend" Bree. I'd have given it four stars, but since there are a lot more books of this Series, I bet it'll happen with one of them.

Morgan is a Junior at high school and since high school girls fall in love very easily, it's no big surprise that Morgan finds herself falling for the new guy Cal. Only that there seems more to it. When he invites her and some other students (which also includes Morgan's best friend Bree) for Wicca meetings, she senses that she is special by owning some special powers. Bree (who has a crush on Cal aswell) wants her to stay away from Cal and the coven he is setting up, but what if this is Morgan's destiny?

I liked this book a lot. Morgan is a very good character, I like the way she thinks and stuff. Cal is that typical mysterious guy every girl is falling for, even in the normal world. He could talk a little more perhaps. But he is just fabulous! As I already said, I didn't like Bree that much, just because I wouldn't stand a girl like her in reality too.

I will definitely keep up with this series. At first I was a little afraid that it might disappoint me, but it so did not! Cate Tiernan is a great author and I'm glad I discovered this series. It's something different from other paranormal books and yet the same kind of idea. The book itself is special. Worth reading, all the way!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen