Montag, 14. November 2011

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer #01) - Jenny Han

Title: The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer #01)
Author: Jenny Han
Rating: 4/5

Oh, how I long for summer now!

It's the same thing each summer: Belly, her brother Steven and their mom visit her mom's friend Susannah at the beach. Those two months have always been the best for Belly, especially because of Susannah's sons Jeremiah and Conrad. They never really saw her the way she wanted to, but this summer everything changed. Both act different when she's around now and Belly herself got to admit that she likes it. But who of those two does she like better? And what's the deal with Susannah lately? One summer to find out.

The more I think about it, the more this book reminds me of the How To Ruin series by my ultimate favourite author Simone Elkeles. Since I read the second book of this series aswell, I can say that I like the Summer series a little better. At least that's what my brain tells me right now.

The story is simple: Two boys (two brothers by the way) want the same girl. And whooo - I liked this book a lot! Five stars might be overrated, so that's why only four stars for me.

Belly is the kind of character I love and hate at the same time. She is cute and stuff, but I'm not sure if 'd want to be friends with her if she existed. Sometimes I wondered if she knew what she wanted herself. Obviously, she did not and that's what made me want to scream.

Conrad is the popular one, I think. You know, all the girls want him and he could have them all, yet it seems like he is afraid to open his heart for someone. No big surprise here, his first love broke his heart. Guess that had him crush hard. Great crated character, but I hated him though. His personality is bleh to me.

Jeremiah. Characters like his make me want to be a witch like Sabrina and ask my aunts to bake him. He is super sweet and I'm feeling sorry for him at so many parts. I hated how Taylor always called him Jeremy. Jeremiah is a good alternative name and rarely used. I liked that. He cares so much for Belly and they even might belong together in my eyes, but I wouldn't be happy with them as a couple then again. It's confusing, I know.

So . . . It's definitely a book for girls. I wouldn't mind boys reading this kind of books too. Maybe they'd finaally understand us girls a little better then. Think about it guys ;) Reading this book wanted me to be back in summer, lie on the beach and see the waves in front of my feet. It's a really cute book and I also loved the view of it - those turning backs to Belly's childhood. I'm glad I found this one.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen