Sonntag, 13. November 2011

The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys #01) - Abbi Glines

Title: The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys #01)
Author: Abbi Glines
Rating: 4/5

One of the best books I read so far. :)

Ashton Gray has the perfect life. That also includes the perfect boyfriend, Sawyer. But Sawyer is on a trip with his family for a while and just then Beau, his cousin and the bad boy in town, shows up and turns Ashton's world upside down. With him she doesn't feel like she has to be perfect. He doesn't want her to be something she is not. She sees her as she is.

Beau loves Ashton since they were kids. He never had the guts to ask her out anyway, leave alone tell her how he feels about her. When his cousin Sawyer is out of town, he sees the perfect chance to get closer to the girl of his dreams. Even though he knows she means trouble and is also well aware of the fact that she is too good for him.

OH MY GOSH! I loved this book so much! I had high expectations and I wasn't disappointed a bit. This books has the main thing for teens - love triangle and a lot of drama, oh yes! We all love that, don't we?

Ashton, Beau and Sawyer. First I love the name's choice. I mean, you don't read these names very often in books or anywhere else. Good choice Abbi!

Ashton - She really can't decide who she loves more and what is right or wrong. She wants everyone to be happy with her choices, even though sometimes those make her unhappy herself. She doesn't care. She needs to be the good girl everyone wants her to be. There were parts when I wanted to yell at her and tell her she should quit all the good-girl-show, but that's what the drama is about. Lovely character though because teenage girls totally get her.

Sawyer - What a softie! I'm happy he doesn't appear that often in the beginning, he would have ruined everything. His character takes the drama a little further and makes everything more explosive in my opinion. So not a bad thing! I'm happy with the way he is and he is very cute too. The way he teels Ashton he plans a future with her and stuff. Very cute, but not quite that what girls are looking for. Well, they are looking for that, but the relationship has to be special too. It just wasn't with those two for me and for everyone else I think. I felt bad for him anyway. Poor Swayer.

Beau - Don't get fooled by his name! He is everything but good or nice or whatever. I bet if he'd exist, he'd be damn hot. I can't help but like characters like his. Those typical bad boys who you want to punch because they slept with so many girls until they realize: "Hey, I love someone else and want to spend the rest of my life with her." I like the parts of his kind of view even better than those of Ashton. He has a cute way to think of things, especially of Ashton of course. And once again I wonder why real guys can't be like that.

Four stars because I think the thing between Ashton and Beau took off a little too fast. But actually there is nothing I can add. I adored this book, I'd definitely recommend it and it's just amazing! And the cover is extraordinary as well, so thumbs up for that. I wish there was a second book, but story's over, told and done.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen