Montag, 26. Dezember 2011

Eternal Starling (Emblem of Eternity #01) - Angela Corbett

Title: Eternal Starling (Emblem of Eternity #01)
Author: Angela Corbett 
Rating: 4/5

Having two soulmates isn't exactly what Evangeline thought of as she started college. Now, stuck between Alex and Emil, she discovers that their fight of her heart isn't something that just happened some time ago. In fact, it happened centuries ago. As both boys try to make her trust them, Evie is in more danger than she is aware of.

First, I can not put down in words how much I adore this cover. It's one of the most beautiful I have ever seen, I think. So the cover itself deserves five stars. Unfortunately, the book only deserves four. Not unfortunately really: Four is a really great rating. In the beginning I even thought I might give this 4.5 but then I just had to remember the fact that I am not much of a fan of those "eternal love" stories that reaches over centuries and centuries.

The love triangle was also one of the greatest I have ever read. You can't decide which guy you should like more. Perhaps the majority of girls who read this book go with Alex. He is everything a mother would be happy to be her daughter's husband, I guess. But then there is Emil who just steals your heart within a second. I, myself, know that I couldn't decide which guy to like more. I loved them both. Whenever I thought a certain guy was better for Evie, the other one came around and changed my mind completely.

As mentioned I am not very thrilled about stories that include love that goes on since centuries. I know, it's supposed to be romantic and all that and I guess it is, my veins freeze when I read it also (which is a good sign, by the way. Romantic scenes have to make my blood and veins freeze). I don't know what it is that makes me like those stories so less, I just know that I like to read other stories better. However, this book was different. I really liked reading about their past relationships and feelings. Still, in the back of my mind I was between liking and not liking it. Weird, for sure.

In the beginning I thought that things between Alex and Evie went on a little too fast. Well, they went fast, as soon as Alex finally did something. You had to wait for that move quite a while. Then I was disappointed in him (you will be too, as soon as you read the book) and then Emil came in the picture. I couldn't help but wonder from the very first moment on if he was evil. I think most people who read this book will think about him as that aswell. It's how it always goes: Good boy comes first, claims to love the girl more than anything, he disappoints her, bad boy comes along the way and suddenly owns the girl's heart though he has no intention of giving her what she longs for, which is real love. I'm glad this book (or at least the first one until now) showed a different way during the story. I even wondered if Zach is a part of the whole good and bad side part. I'm excited to find out if I am right or not.

What annoyed me a little was Evie. Not Evie herself but the way she thought about things. She might aswell thought of herself as the queen of the world since both guys wanted her so damn bad. I wanted her to choose a guy and then move on, but my wishes may not be heard here. At some points, however, I agreed with her, which made her appear a little more friendly to me.

So, all in all this book was great. I am very glad that I read it. I'm also glad that it focused on the romance and not on some unnecessary parts like school or in this case college, 'cause honestly, I hate reading about school and college when I'm not interested in those things when it comes to books. There's enough school and college for all of us in real life.

Get your hands on that book! It'll make your heart melt, whether it's for Alex or for Emil.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen