Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2011

Two-Way Street - Lauren Barnholdt

Title: Two-Way Street
Author: Lauren Barnholdt
Rating: 4/5

Jordan broke up with Courtney a couple of weeks ago. No surprise that Courtney doesn't want to go on a road trip with him, though it'd only take three days to finally start college and get over him. Her parents want her to go with him anyway and so she has no other choice. All that's left to do is to pretend like she doesn't care about his new MySpace girlfriend.
Jordan still loves Courtney. He would never tell her in person anyway. Not after what made him break up with her. Some fact she doesn't know about. Some fact that would make her hate him. He wants to spend the last days with Courtney, though he knows it's not good for her and not good for him either.

Two-Way Street is my favourite Lauren Barnholdt book! I loved it so, so much. I couldn't put it down. I love it when a book is written from both point of views, and I love it even more when that includes a boy's point of view. It was awesome!

Courtney is like most girls. Actually, she is just like all the girls I know and love (or sometimes do not). She loves her ex-boyfriend, which is understandable since he didn't break up with her that long ago. Takes some time to get over that and Courtney thinks she'll be stuck on him forever. Which is probably true. She is so afraid of this trip. Not afraid but definitely anything but thrilled. How should a road trip help her to get over him? It's kind of hilarious how she wants to make him jealous with Lloyd. His "I miss you" sentences are cute, but I loved Jordan and Courtney as a couple from the first moment so there is really no other match for me here. She is not into Lloyd anyway. She was just right before she met Jordan. Note here: I love that this book isn't just about the trip. Lauren also writes about how Jordan and Courtney met and how their relationship grew more serious and serious until it fell apart. God, I want to re-read the book already. Lauren, you're a genius! Seriously.

So now it's about Jordan. Isn't he just gorgeous? Again that type of guy that prefers hook ups until he meets "The One" that changes everything he believed in. In real life, I'd hate this guy. Of course not if I was the girl that he'd give everything up for, but if I wasn't, then I would hate him. I guess you get my point. So, he broke up with Courtney. Not because he has a got a new girlfriend that he found on MySpace, though that is what Courtney and everyone else but his best friend B.J. thinks. He only made that reason up because the real reason is way too hard to handle or to tell. All he wants is to protect Courtney from the truth because he still loves her so freaking bad. It's so cute how he looks after her when she is not feeling well and throws up all the time. I love his character so very very much. I could repeate it and repeate it and repeate it: Lauren, you're a genius! A fabulous genius!

This book proved how talented Lauren Barnholdt is and why I'm such a big fan and why I'd pick up any of her books anytime. I think I discovered my love for road trip books now, thank you! I'll definitely re-read this book and I seriously can't wait for that. Advice to everyone: Buy this book! Stop at whatever you're doing right now, just get your hands on Two-Way Street now!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen