Samstag, 10. Dezember 2011

Never Bite a Boy on the First Date - Tamara Summers

Title: Never Bite a Boy on the First Date
Author: Tamara Summers
Rating: 3.5/5

You should expect that your parents, or even your pretend-to-be parents, wouldn't assume that you murdered someone, right? It's different with Kira's family. They all know how hard the whole vampire-being is for her and since she also allowed herself to turn her once love Zach without permission, they think that she killed that guy at her school. To prove that she isn't guilty she and her parents make a deal: She will find the killer herself. Now only that seems more impossible and harder than she thought, especially when this little Nancy Drew trip includes a bunch of new guys that wake her interest, and even worse, what if one of them was the potential murderer?

Let's make one thing clear: Don't get fooled by the cover! I know it's not thaaaaat appealing, but hey, could have been worse. I'm usually a person that judges books by it's cover first and then decide if I should read it or not. I'm glad I gave this one a go because it wasn't a pre-teen or dreamy teen or whatever novel, but a really good young adult book. So much hilarious scenes here and it's very exciting aswell. Yummy read!

Kira was turned one and a half year ago, back when she was Phoebe and not Kira. Her vampire-parents turned her because otherwise, she would have died in a car accident she had with her boyfriend Jeremy. After that she had to fake her funeral and so all of her former friends think she is dead. She can never go back to them. Then there's Zach, her second love. She turned him after he wanted to kill himself to become one of her kind. Thought that if she saw him suffering in pain, she'd agree to turn him and it worked out. Weird guy, huh? Yeah, but he is kind of cute too. He really wants to be with Kira forever and loves her, which made the end seem kind of awkward to me, but nevermind.

Alright, there are so many boys in this book, I was a little confused to be honest. Let's see who else there is. Milo, ohhhh what a hottie! Seriously, you can't help but fall for each of the guys in this book. Tamara made them appear so... I don't know. There is just something about every single one of them. Milo is the sweet one that cares a lot about Kira. There is this one scene that I adored when he baked for her, aww. If any boy reads this review, grab a pencil and a paper and note this: Majority of girls love guys that can bake! Muffins, brownies, no matter what. I assumed, more or less right from the start, that he was the murderer. If he really was, well, you gotta go and check that yourself. No spoilers, and that costs me a lot of energy.

Daniel. Uhm... He is gorgeous, yeah, a little too gorgeous maybe. He wasn't so much in the picture and I'm not sure if I find that good or bad. Both, I guess. You know that there is something that he doesn't tell Kira. He seems too much to himself. I really don't know what else to say to him. I liked him more and more but he isn't as good as Milo for example.

Rowan is a poor little guy, really. He struggles with so many things and he is scared of, well actually everything and everyone. A poet. Hope you didn't put the paper and pencil away yet, because girls love poets too! Though the line he wrote is a little weird, but it's what he saw and is struggling with, so understandable. At least a little bit. He should move on, though.

Did I forgot anyone? I don't think so. I really, really liked Never Bite a Boy on the First Date. The book idea is great because the "detective-vampire-books" I know all include adults that tour in clubs and fall upon each other all the time without really looking forward to a relationship. I'm really sick of reading those and so this one was a quick refreshing read. Definitely going to keep looking for some other books by Tamara Summers. Lovely!

P.S. Never bite a boy or a girl on the first date! So absolutely not sexy!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen