Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2011

One Night That Changes Everything - Lauren Barnholdt

Title: One Night That Changes Everything
Author: Lauren Barnholdt
Rating: 4/5

Three weeks ago, Eliza found out that her boyfriend Cooper only dated her because of some rude society he wanted to join. As revenge Eliza decided to write some comments about him on her sister's website. Because of those comments, Cooper didn't get accepted at Brown and his society mates think it's Eliza's fault. To prove her that she messed with the wrong guys, they steal her notebook and make her doing all the things she wrote down there. Things she is afraid of. During the night Eliza finds out that maybe she judged her boyfriend too fast and also learns that fear is something you need to turn off sometimes.

Being someone's girlfriend just for a guy to get into some stupid society is just wrong. Every girl would be upset about being used like this. Cooper should have been honest with her, so it's only his fault that she wrote these comments about him, right? She has that right. No, she does not! I, personally, think that she should have at least talked to him. I can understand her, yeah, but he is trying his best to make her listen to him during the party and during the whole night. She just doesn't like him. On the other hand, every girl would be like that I guess. Him to explain things could make it worse. That is what everyone fears.

But then again you also learn that fear is nothing you should let lead your life. A good lesson in life Lauren is trying to teach you here. So actually Eliza should be kind of thankful, no matter how odd that sounds, that Tyler stealt her notebook. She would have never figured out the things on her own and without that night. Anyhow, at some points I wished Eliza would have told the guys to screw off. You shouldn't do something just because someone tells you to. Someone who is being a big ass aswell (meaning Tyler).

I loved the characters, of course especially Cooper, and I enjoyed reading this book very much. As I said there is a good life lesson being taught here, though that is always more easily said than done. But the idea of having no fear over everything and changes is nice.

As a massive Lauren Barnholdt fan, it's no surprise I loved One Night That Changes Everything. I liked Two Way Street a little more though. Anyway, I loved the story and I think it'd make a really good movie, actually. Of course I bet there is already a movie out there which is like this book and I just don't know about it yet.

Nothing else for me to say. Go on and read it!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen