Freitag, 24. Juli 2015

TAG - Shari J. Ryan

Title: TAG
Author: Shari J. Ryan
Rating: 4/5

Thanks to NetGalley and Booktrope for letting me receive a digital copy of this book.
What if your family had a big secret . . . a life changing secret. My dad, the bigwig CIA agent, was always on the run, whether he was being chased or doing the chasing. I missed him. Then my mom passed away, and my sister was murdered. I turned my solitude to strength because the alternative was too bleak.
But my luck seemed to turn: I met Tango. And while I want him more than I’ve ever wanted anything in my twenty-two years, danger lurks around every corner and I simply can’t take the chance of it finding me. But his tattoos, his smell, his darkness, and his body— that marine has taken over my every thought. But, what if he too isn’t what I think? A ticking time bomb isn’t going to leave me much time to waver. Even the bravest person can be in need of a miracle.

Before she was gone, my mom warned me to know everyone and trust no one. But what was I supposed to do when I found out I am the one not to be trusted? Turns out, I was always the bait in this conspiracy.

Take a breath... And fall in love with Tango. That's about right, I think. Whew... I know this story is going to be inside my head for a couple of days. But no can do, I have to write this review, so here it goes...

This story is so unlike anything I've ever read, expect for maybe one or two books. The plot idea is simply amazing and I am surprised of myself for loving it that much. Normally, I like to stick to the good old new adult books in which the hero meets the heroine and they both hate each other, then love each other and everyone is happy. The main idea of TAG might be the same, but the way to the end is just a thrilling and entertaining road.

At the beginning of the story, I was quite intimiated. I wasn't sure where this story was heading and the thought of laying it aside crossed my mind. Cali seemed like such a bitch (sorry, but if you ever get the chance to read it, you'll agree with me) and not like a strong and brave young woman, standing up for herself and seeking revenge for her sister Krissy's death. Actually, reading the prologue I thought it was from a guy's point of view. But that's just a side note.

To be completely honest with you, up until after the first few chapters (the airport scene to be more exact) I wasn't hooked on the book. I promised myself to keep on reading though, in order to write a decent review. I had it all planned and then the author finally made me liking the plot more and more, probably also because of Tango.

Tango is a super fabulous written guy, suffering from cancer. And he is also Cali's latest bodyguard. His intentions to join Cali on her way to find her father is to be cured. Cali's father is some mystery guy that you don't find out a lot about. You only know that he once was in China and found some special medicine that cures cancer. Cancer was also the reason for Cali's mother's death and once you're into the story, you get a good idea of the whole messed up family situation Cali is in. She used to be a carefree girl, but since her mother died and her sister was murdered by her former boyfriend, who is also tracking her down now in order to threaten her father, she keeps on rule in mind.

Know every one. Trust no one.

Her trust issues are a big deal in this book and I sometimes wanted to smash Cali against a wall and make her see that she can indeed trust Tango, though she is still insecure. But that's just her and her ways of thinking and feeling are important for the story, otherwise it wouldn't be the same. And I definitely wouldn't change a thing in this book. Even more important, there is always an exception to a rule.

Though I got to admit - Reaper was described as a horrible person. He is, I mean, he killed Krissy. And yet I wish we would have gotten to see more of his sweet side. I wonder if there is a prequel telling his and Cali's story? Oh my god! I want to read that and then cry once I reread Tag and come to the ultimate part.

By the way, does anyone know the show Burn Notice? It's one of my favourite shows ever and I somehow ended up comparing this book to it. It was like a teenage version of it. Pretty awesome! So, if you're a fan of this show, make sure to read TAG. If you're a fan of tough girls, hot boys, family drama, hot boys, criminal actions, hot boys and action in general, this book is the one for you! (Yes, I know I used the term "hot boys" three times in one sentence, but if you're annoyed by that, you haven't met Tango yet.)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen