Freitag, 24. Juli 2015

Elite (Eagle Elite #01) - Rachel van Dyken

Title: Elite (Eagle Elite #01)
Author: Rachel van Dyken
Rating: 4 - 4.5/5

Thanks for NetGalley and Forever (Grand Central Publishing) for letting me receive a digital copy of this book.
For Tracey Rooks, life with her grandparents on a Wyoming farm has always been simple. But after her grandmother's death, Tracey is all her grandfather has. So when Eagle Elite University announces its annual scholarship lottery, Tracey jumps at the opportunity to secure their future and enters. She isn't expecting much-but then she wins. And life as she knows it will never be same . . .

The students at Eagle Elite are unlike any she's ever met . . . and they refuse to make things easy for her. There's Nixon, gorgeous, irresistible, and leader of a group that everyone fears: The Elect. Their rules are simple. 1. Do not touch The Elect. 2. Do not look at The Elect. 3. Do not speak to The Elect. No matter how hard she tries to stay away, The Elect are always around her and it isn't long until she finds out the reason why they keep their friends close and their enemies even closer. She just didn't realize she was the enemy -- until it was too late.

I absolutely love Rachel van Dyken. She could even write about talking apples in the garbage and I'd sit on the couch, my eReader with me and be totally fascinated.


Now, having already read the second book in the series, I'm having a hard time writing a review (after such a long time of ignoring this task) for this one. I don't want to give away spoilers or write things you might not understand if you haven't read the sequel yet. Gah, I am beyond excited to read the third book, actually. I apologize in advance - this review is going to be short (that's the plan, anyway) and probably not that helpful if you're hoping it will give you some advice on reading it or not. Though I can safely tell you - read it!

There should be more mafia books and it's so interesting to read about teenagers involved in that, because you wouldn't think they do stuff like that and even if, it is pretty shocking to think about that. But if it were up to me, I would want tons of books with mafia connected teens. Especially if they are like Chase.

Yes, Chase is only the best friend of the male main character Nixon. Anyway, I think he is the best thing Rachel van Dyken ever invented (and the last sentence of the second Eagle Elite book, Elect, ruined all my hopes for... Nah, too many spoilers, haha.) Nixon isn't so bad either, but he is more the guy for Tracey and not for me, haha. At first, he hates Tracey, which is totally amazing for me - the lover of hate/love relationships. All the fights, all the pranks made me feel sorry for Tracey so much. Yet in the end, they are a cute couple, I'll give them that.

All these family relations... I wonder how Rachel van Dyken keeps those in mind. It's so complicated. At least for me it is. Maybe I should reread Elite and Elect, the second one, before I start the others in the series or else I won't understand a thing, I suppose.

Not a single pages bored me or made me look forward to finally finishing the book. There's always something happening, most of the time some pretty shocking things that will leave you breathless and speechless, as well. It's so exciting and I remember not being able to put it down for more than a minute or two.

I'm not sure why Elite reminds me so much of the Perfect Chemistry series by Simone Elkeles. The nationalities in Elite are mostly Italian, or to be more specific Sicilian and the boys in Simone Elkeles' books are hispanic. No relation there. Perhaps I think of these books as alike because I am a huge fan of Simone and that series written by her is my favourite book series of all time and Rachel van Dyken's series comes pretty close to that, too.

I guess this review is pretty annoying, always mentioning how much I loved this book but no real information. Well, I can't give you any more than this. A review should be honest and if I tell you I loved it, I am telling the truth. I'm sorry if that makes you feel less informed about the plot or the characters and so on. You probably think I avoid writing about these things considering how long ago I read it, but that's not it. I just don't know what to write, really. My heart sends all the love to my head, telling me to express my feelings for the book in this review and so this is what I do.

Elite is an exciting book and the idea of the story and the plot is so good and so well written, too. I'm glad Rachel van Dyken got this idea on paper and shared it with us readers, because I wouldn't want to miss such a masterpiece as this.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen