Mittwoch, 8. August 2018

Playing Her Secret Crush - Casey Griffin

Title: Playing Her Secret Crush
Author: Casey Griffin
Rating: 2/5

Thanks to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC for letting me receive a digital copy of this book before its official release date.
All her life, Katie has been chosen last for everything: the last picked on the playground, the last picked by her absent father, and definitely the last picked by boys—even her secret crush, Alex, friend-zoned her. This senior year, Katie is determined to come first.

But then Alex asks her to help him find a date?!

Alex has been living life in the fast lane, but he's ready to slow down—with a girlfriend. The last person on earth he’d consider? The girl his brother developed serious feelings for before he died: Katie. The only way Alex is going to get over Katie is by falling for someone new. And who better to help him find his new crush than the girl he can’t stop thinking about?

What can possibly go wrong?

I am so sorry to say this, but I really forced myself to read this book. I usually really like the light young adult romances Entangled publishes and I hoped I'd like this one especially, since it's the nerdy type of book. But I didn't. The author wrote a book, but it's mainly about gaming itself. It was like a written step-by-step online game. Everything was described, the world, the avatars, the charakters, their power, their motive, the mission. And while I'm sure a lot of readers really appreciated that, I didn't. Because I didn't care. I didn't want a game instruction. But the novel is basically that. With a little romance involved.

I'm sure it's meant to be sweet and there were parts I liked - for example Katie and Alex' new friend, the way the author dealt with her and her story. That was nice. And sure, Alex and Katie themselves were adorable too, but unfortunately it was either always: "Oh, no. I can't be with her" from Alex' side or just these game instructions I told you about. Not much else.

So, this is probably the shortest review I have ever written. And I am so sorry about how harsh I may appear to be, but Playing Her Secret Crush just wasn't for me.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen