Samstag, 3. Mai 2014

Love, Lex (The Undergrad Years #01) - Avery Aster

Title: Love, Lex (The Undergrad Years #01)
Author: Avery Aster
Rating: 3.5/5

Thanks to NetGallery and Avery Aster for giving me a chance to read this before the official release.

Alexandra 'Lex' Easton can hardly wait for her eighteenth birthday. Finally, she will give up her Lady V to her boyfriend. Things change when she catches him sleeping with her mother the day she, her boyfriend and her friends want to fly to Paris. Things get even worse when she and her friends get arrested for blowin up her mother's place. And things get really, really worse when the handsome cop who stopped Lex driving, can't seem to stick his nose somewhere else.

Oh my. I wrote a sypnosis. I can't believe it. Woooo! And it sucks so bad. Just like it always does. Well, well...

Okay, hold on, hold on! What was that? Dear Avery Aster, tell me - did you run out of ideas? Did you have a deadline that was crawling closer and closer? What happened? I hated that ending. So very much. How could you do this? It was like: "[...] and lived happily ever after." Are you kidding me?

The story idea was great. Catching your boyfriend and your mom in action? Meeting a hot, young cop? Daydreaming about that cop? G-E-N-I-U-S.

But that ending... Gah, that ending. Wait, that's your magic trick, right? Writing a fabulous story, making the reader fall in love with the idea and then BAM! Killing us off with an ending like that.

I don't know if I'll read the next books. I hated Lex's friends, not sure why though.

I la-la loved Lex's daydreams. They were better than the actual thing. A lot better. And whoa... Those daydreams were hot! Yum, yum.

"After I've lost my virginity, Lady V, I imagine future sex with Kelle will be similar to riding The Pocket Rocket. Hopefully minus the contant stop and go between traffic lights."
Such a good laugh! This is supposed to be a light read, I assume. It definitely is. Some scenes, those in which Lex shares background infos, were quite boring. I'm so sorry for saying this. Maybe it's just me - I really can't relate to rich and famous characters.

I really liked this book. I would have wanted to read more about Lex and Ford, developing their feelings, getting to know each other. So, I'll probably read their sequel.

Although I warn about the ending (consider this a warning, haha), I'd recommend this to fans of the light New Adult genre. It's more like a short Adult fiction story, starring teenagers.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen