Montag, 14. März 2016

Snowbound Seduction - Melissa Schroeder

Title: Snowbound Seduction
Author: Melissa Schroeder
Rating: 3/5

Thanks to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC for letting me receive a digital copy of this book before its official release.
Trevor MacMillian is the tart and incredibly sexy executive chef who’s made pastry chef Elaine Masterson’s life a living hell. But when she catches him in nothing but a tiny little towel, it’s almost enough to make her forget they’re stranded in a luxurious mountain cabin together...or that she hates him almost as much as she craves him like a sinfully forbidden dessert.

Being alone in a romantic secluded cabin might just kill Trevor outright. If Elaine hates him now, how much will she hate him if she finds out he’s been fantasizing about her full, kissable lips? So Trevor argues with her. Makes her angry— until an intense and unexpected kiss turns their hostility into insatiable hunger. And with this much heat, the snowstorm outside doesn’t stand a chance...

Wow, Melissa Schroeder is a beast. I just browsed through her titles on Goodreads and she has got so many of them. It's seriously a lot. So, well done, Melissa! Now, about Snowbound Seduction.... Unfortunately, I didn't read much about seduction, it was all very sweet and kind and really romantic. I liked this typical hate-love-relationship story, because those are always easy for me to read. You can never go wrong with those.

Anyway, the thought of Trevor and Elaine alone in a house while a storm is doing a very wild performance outside is nice. Elaine's best friend Mick actually got the two locked up there, so we can thank Mick for all the hot emotions. Thank you. haha. I'm not much of a fan of movies or books that involve characters that work as chefs or love to cook or to bake. However, that wasn't a problem here. And I really don't know why I still complain, but it felt like there were missing pieces. Some more kitchen scenes, but that couldn't have happened, because they weren't in a kitchen. Just don't mind me. My brain seems to want to make something up, just for fun. Sorry. Honestly, the prologue is enough of a kitchen scene for me. Basta.

Snowbound Seduction can be read within an hour or two at the most. I didn't need much longer than that (though started it at like midnight, so I put it down after reading half of it and went to sleep). And it was captivating, which surprised me. Normally, novellas aren't that captivating to me, so Melissa Schroeder did something right. The only thing (well, maybe not only) that bothered me was that length. It was too short and the end was too... Sudden. I would like to know whether Elaine follows her dream or if she won't. Also, I'd have liked to read more about their talks. They both tell each other a bit, but not everything.

Still, I think it was a good book. And I enjoyed it. So, thank you - whoever accepted my request.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen