Montag, 21. Dezember 2015

Last Wish (Remembering Kyle #02) - Erin Butler

Title: Last Wish (Remembering Kyle #02)
Author: Erin Butler
Rating: 4.5/5

Thanks to Erin Butler for letting me receive a digital copy of this book before it official release date.
Nothing feels right. Not since my best friend died and I fucked up the one promise he asked me to make. The past follows me everywhere, tangling me up like weeds, reminding me that my life is empty. So fucking empty.

Then she walks into the bar, all bright beauty and sweet lips made for kissing.

Em Stewart is a complication...one I need to avoid. She’s got heavy secrets of her own, ones she hides from her friends—and lies about to herself.

No matter how hard I try, I can't resist her, and our unexpected road trip sure as hell isn’t helping my cause. But I’ll be damned if I screw up my first chance at something real...

If you haven't read the first book in this series, How We Lived, I suggest you do that before you start reading Last Wish. Granted, it doesn't really matter, they can be read as standalones, but first things first... And I'm trying to promote Erin's books, so please do yourself a favour and read both books. If you read my review for How We Lived, you'll know how much I loved it.

And I loved Last Wish just as much, if not a little more. I can't decide. What I know is that I couldn't fall asleep after I finished it. I tossed and turned and just couldn't stop thinking about it. Images of Em and Ronan/Bear would always pop into my mind, unable to let me sleep in peace.

Before that day, I always pictured Em and Ronan, whose nickname is Bear, differently. I thought they were bitter, closed-off, hardly loveable. But of course Erin found a way to make me fall in love with them right in the beginning. Sure, I needed a page or two to get myself into the world of Remembering Kyle again. However, when I did, I didn't want to leave. I just wanted the characters' stories to go on and on (I secretly hope for something like a novella after reading the last chapter *hint*).

I felt sorry for both of them. They had to deal with so much pain. I don't even now whose past is worse, but that isn't the question here anyway. The important thing is how they move on, how they decide their future will be. And Em and Bear help each other so much. They're definitely one of my favourite couples ever. And also, Bear is about one of the sweetest guys ever created, same as Chase in How We Lived.
"I am fiercely loyal. When I love, I love. When I care, I will go to the ends of the earth and back. I'll do anything."
Oh, that reminds me - will Finn, Bear's brother, get his own story? I got curious about what's going on between him and Tina. Please, please, please.

Suddenly, I don't know what to write, afraid I'll give away too many spoilers. I can reveal that I cried while reading Last Wish. I cried and Erin offered me virtual tissues, haha. Bear told Em about his past and I just couldn't keep the tears in check, they kept pouring down my cheeks. So this is why I didn't read the book in one session, but needed two of those, almost three.

The second break would have happened if I wasn't too shocked, I wanted to know what happened next. Em's ex-boyfriend appeared and then something happened that I never would have guessed. Gosh, I can already feel the tears building in my eyes again. Seriously, this book messes with my emotions. And strangely, I enjoy it.

Today isn't a good review-writing-day for me, I'm sorry. That won't stop me from repeating how much I loved Last Wish, though. I know I'll order a phsyical copy, because I have to have this one on my shelf and I won't ever delete it from my eReader, either. I want to be able to read it again and again if I feel like it. It will happen. I'm sure of it.

Just because this is the only thing that bugged me a bit, I'll mention it. After the incident with Em's ex-boyfriend (the one that will leave you in shock), I would have liked to read more about how she dealt with that situation, what it did to her mind. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it didn't go on for about a hundred pages, as in some novels. Only, I would have liked to read more about Em's opinion on that. I didn't mind reading about Bear's point of view on that, though.

Lastly, I want to thank Erin Butler. Sometimes, she reads my tweets about writing and she'd always encourage me to go on. And when I tweeted about not being accepted for an ARC of Last Wish, she didn't hesitate to send me one herself. I'm really thankful, Erin. Your actions make me feel loved, like I'm a real writer and a real blogger. You treat your readers with so much respect, it's impressive. Thank you for being such a wonderful lady.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen